|That's Mr. Wolf. He looks like a people.|
I would now like to outline my reading experience and follow it with some pertinent questions.
1. I am confused for the first 40 pages.
2. I am disturbed for the next 60 page.
3. I am again confused for about 20 pages.
4. Finally, I decide that the manga is actually stupider than even I first believed and put it down.
1. If a writer sets up a premise (no matter how stupid) shouldn't one follow it through? For example, if the tigers, wolves, dogs, whathaveyous that occupy this fictional space are anthropomorphized to the point of wearing clothing, having houses, etc. then, at what point does it seem normal to have actual humans hunting, capturing and desiring the pelts of said anthropomorphic, clothing wearing animeaux (French, ooh-la-la)?
2. Was that wolf seriously going to abscond with and marry a tabby cat?
3. There was a lot of discussion of animal life spans in this manga, and although I do feel that it would be disconcerting to lose one's "wife" at a young age (apparently the only realistic aspect in this manga the actual life spans of wolves and tigers), should it be a central plot point? It is decidedly NOT sexy to discuss the 7 year life span of wolves mid-coitus.
4. Are tigers clumsy? I had not realized that was a thing. I expect it may be a stereotype. People are so speciesist!
5. At one point the Tiger's brother, also conveniently named Mr. Tiger (Really? Really, really? Couldn't come up with one name? Just, Mr.Tiger this, Mr. Wolf that?), is rescued from hunters by an anthropomorphic dog who proceeds to hump Mr. Tiger (brother of Mr. Tiger, and therefore not to be confused with Mr. Tiger) silly, in a dubiously consensual fashion. My question is, how big is that dog? And, a follow up: could a dog hump a tiger silly?
6. Why are there two volumes of this manga? Isn't one crappy volume really enough? Is the story so epic that it must have a sequel?
7. Is this secretly some furry-fetish thing? Did I just read furry yaoi? Why would that be a thing?
I am so puzzled on so many fronts, and yet...I don't want to look at it again to find the answers. I think I'll just let this one go.